Salesforce Lightning component to browse files
File explorer is a Salesforce Lightning component that helps Salesforce users to browse, view and download files that are uploaded in the salesforce org. This component can be added anywhere in the lightning including Salesforce home page to Salesforce apps home page. With this users can browse libraries and also see files that are created by them and shared to them.
Salesforce users were seeking a component to browse, view and access files in just a few clicks. They were looking for a solution through which they can access the files available in the Lightning or under any application without going to the standard files tab. This saves time and helps the users to make decision quickly.
- Time-consuming process to browse the files in different tabs
- Need to browse the file from different sections
- Difficult to search the section to browse the files
- Need to leave the screen for checking another file
Lightning File explorer component provides the following features:
- Provided functionality to browse salesforce libraries
- User can access files that are shared to the user and are created by him
- View and download files from anywhere in the lightning salesforce org.
- Supports infinite loading and works with any number of files in the org.
To fulfil the specific requirements of the user, we applied the following approach:
- Differentiated the files that are uploaded in different libraries.
- Created tab for files that are shared and owned.
- Added direct preview and download option to the user.
- Infinite scrolling functionality to work with any number of files.
File explorer lightning component provided the following benefits to the end-user:
- Access files easy from anywhere from the lightning environment.
- Preview, download and share file option.
- User can add custom CSS to the table
- Supported all types of files: images, office documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), PDF, ZIP, etc.
- Improved the working efficiency
- Display the relevant file as per the required search
- One-click download
- A fast and responsive lightning component that can be added anywhere in lightning org.
- Improved user experience to view files anywhere and quickly preview and download.
- Significant reduction in time to manage task
- Improved the speed of the work